Best Summer Highlights Review and Swatches

Leave a Comment
The Best Highlighters 
(Highstreet and High-end)

This year highlighting and contouring has become the biggest make-up trend to happen. Whilst I am a strong fan of contouring I prefer to pack on the highlight as I am so pale its just easier for me than to spend hours blending in contour. This blog post shows some of my favourite highlights I love.


Mineralize Skinfinish
Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish in the shade 'Soft and Gentle' is quickly becoming a cult classic for highlighters. At £24 it is quite expensive however you get a large amount of product and it will not be running out any time soon. This shade is a golden champagne colour and only a tiny amount is needed to give bright dewy skin.


Laura Mercier Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator
 'Guilded Honey' highlighter from Laura Mercier is one of those products that I have heard about from every blogger and youtuber so when I was bought it I was so excited to see if it could live up to the hype. It is. The highlight gives off a stunning gold with reflective glitter thats leaves such a bright sheen onto the cheekbone and works so well for nights out when I have full make-up on. The only downside to this highlight is the price, at £21.00 it is very much on the pricey side for a highlight.

Soft&Gentle, Guilded Honey and Barekissed with flash.

Sleek MakeUP Barekissed Illuminator
Sleek's Barekissed Illuminator is the only liquid highlighter I own. After a few attempts of putting this on without smearing off any foundation and other products underneath I have found a way to apply this by gently patting it onto the skin with my little finger. The shade 'Monaco' is perfect for us extremely pale people as it is completely silver/ pink and cool toned, but still stands out and leaves a great shine.

Golden Lights, Peach Lights and Pink Lights.

Makeup Revolution Highlighter Palette
First of all this palette is £8 for three full size highlights! This palette contains Makeup Revolution's most popular highlight shades: 'Peach Lights, Pink Lights and Golden Lights'.  The shades are very different from a peach, to a silvery pink and a gold, so there is a highlight for each possible occasion and makeup look. I always go to grab this palette and particularly love the shade Peach Lights and the shade Pink Lights works perfectly with subtle pink eye makeup for a whole pink look.

Golden Lights, Peach Lights and Pink Lights with flash.



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Labels

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig